Year 6 – Blwyddyn 6
Welcome to Year 6
This term our topic is World War Two. We will be exploring the key events, looking at the timelines and significant figures from the time. We will find out about aircraft, rationing, the role of women, evacuees and the home guard. As part of out topic we will be reading Carrie’s War and Rose Blanche as well as responding to war poetry.
Our RE topics for the Autumn term are;
- Domestic Church – Loving. We will learn about God’s unconditional love for us and to know and understand the love and care of people.
- Baptism and confirmation – Vocation and commitment. We will find out about vocation and the call to priesthood and explore the sacrament of Holy Orders.
- Advent and Christmas – Expectations. We will explore the liturgical season of Advent, Isaiah’s expectation of the messiah, the Word in John’s Gospel, the Annunciation, the incarnation, the Angelus and the second coming of Jesus Christ.
We will also be learning about other faiths this term and learning about Judaism.
Teacher: Mrs C Sherwood
HLTA: Mrs K Bevan
- Spelling test every Wednesday.
- Every Wednesday the children have their Big Maths Beat That! and CLIC tests, where they aim to beat their previous score.
This term homework will be handed out on a Friday and needs to be returned to school the following Wednesday unless a specific date is given. Please support your child with their homework if needed or speak to a member of staff.
Reading is very important, please read with your child every week and sign their planner. You can talk about the different types of books your child enjoys and share your experiences.