Year 6 – Blwyddyn 6
Welcome to Year 6
This term our topic is Pits and Ponies. We will be exploring the Heritage of coal mines. We will understand the mining strikes and their effects on miners, families and communities. We will look at the legacy and the future of coal mining.
Our RE topic this term is Sources. We will be using the Bible and finding Scripture references and learning stories from both the Old Testament and the New Testament. Please remember to read with your child regularly, and sign their planner.
RE- the three spring themes are developed in the light of an understanding of Incarnation.
- Community Local Church focuses on the people of God gathered in Christ, united in the journey of faith, in care for one another, in sharing their story and in celebration.
- RelatingEucharist focuses on the invitation to know Jesus, to live in community with him and with one another.
- GivingLent/Easter focuses on Jesus’ loving self-giving on the cross, the Father’s love that raises him to new life and the challenge to Christians to follow Jesus’ example of self-giving.
Teacher: Mrs C Sherwood
HLTA: Mrs K Bevan
- Spelling test every Friday.
- PE kits needed every Friday.
- Every Friday the children have their Big Maths Beat That! and CLIC tests, where they aim to beat their previous score.
This term homework will be handed out Monday’s, Wednesday’s and Friday’s and needs to be returned to school the following Wednesday unless a specific date is given. Please support your child with their homework if needed or speak to a member of staff.