Year 5 – Blwyddyn 5
Croeso i Flwyddyn Pump
This term our topic is Stargazers.
A journey through space, the final frontier… Navigate beyond the Sun, the magnificent, blazing star at the centre of our solar system!
Investigate the eight planets – Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Uranus and Neptune. Take a look at the Moon, a celestial body that orbits Earth.
The three autumn time themes are developed in the light of an understanding of Creation:
- Family- Domestic Church focuses on life as gift, myself as a unique and loved creation, the creative love and care that can be expressed in family groups.
- Belonging- Baptism/Confirmation focuses on the call to belong, the creative potential that belonging develops; and Baptism and Confirmation, sacraments of the gift of God’s life and friendship.
- Loving- Advent/Christmas focuses on the capacity for entering into loving relationships and the perfect gift and revelation of God’s love, Jesus, born of Mary, born as one of us.
Teacher: Miss M Card
HLTA: Mrs K Bevan and Mrs P Davies
- Spelling test every Monday.
- PE kits needed every Friday.
- Every Friday the children have their Big Maths Beat That! and CLIC tests, where they aim to beat their previous score.
Please remember to read with your child regularly, and sign their planner.
Homework will be handed out every Friday and needs to be returned to school the following Wednesday unless a specific date is given. Please support your child with their homework if needed or speak to a member of staff.